Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very filling lunch.
- 1 portabella mushroom, sliced into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout, rinsed
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- fresh basil
- 2 wheat flour tortillas
- Wipe any dirt of the portobello and slice into 1/2 inch strips.
- Slice the red pepper and onion into thin strips.
- Saute the pepper, onion, and mushroom in olive oil over medium-low heat until the peppers are tender. Salt to taste.
- Slice the cucumber and tomato. Rinse the sprouts and dry completely.
- Mash half the avocado onto each tortilla with a fork, add the sprouts, cucumber, tomato, and basil.
- Add the cooked mushroom/pepper mixture to each tortilla and wrap them up. They will be hard to close! Be sure to drip off the majority of moisture before adding it to the wrap; otherwise you'll have a sloppy mess.
- This is a little better when the pepper/mushroom mixture has been chilled to the same temperature as the vegetables.
Pretty good. Boyfriend loved. Think next time I'll only use 1/4 of an avocado instead of 1/2, but it was really tasty. Could not find alfalfa sprouts anywhere to save my soul, but think that adding the sprouts can only make it better. Was pretty easy to make too, which is always a + in my book!