Recipe by Firems911
This is a great recipe from Celebrity Spa Cuisine.
Top Review by loof
This is a wonderful, simple and quick-to-make pasta dish! I halved the recipe but was generous with the crushed red pepper because we love the stuff. I especially enjoyed the addition of the capers - gave it a nice salty/tart element that went well with the spice. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2014
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked red pepper
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 6 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked whole wheat capellini
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently saute the pepper and garlic in the olive oil in a non-stick skillet until the garlic begins to color.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, capers, basil, parsley, wine, salt and capellini.
- Cook quickly to reduce the liquids.
- To serve: Toss the pasta with the cheese and divide onto 4 plates.
- To peel a tomato, cut an "x" in the bottom with a sharp knife. Plunge the tomato into boiling water for 30 seconds. Cool. Peel. Squeeze out the seeds, then dice.