Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthier version of alfredo pasta that I found in "Cook This Not That" and my very picky family loved it! I have added a few extras but the recipe is great "as is!"
- 8 ounces fettuccine, Ronzoni Garden Delight
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chicken breast, diced
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup mushroom, sauteed
- Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Using a whisk, slowly add milk and half and half, whisking to help prevent lumps from forming. Add the red pepper and garlic and simmer for 10 minutes on low. Pour mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Return to pan and stir in parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in chicken, broccoli and mushrooms. Simmer until pasta is done cooking, drain pasta and add to sauce.