Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Serve it hot or cold with chips, meatloaf, fish or with anything you fancy really!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this today to use later in the week, & then set it out for a group I hosted earlier this evening ~ A BIG HIT with the dipper crowd! Seasoned it with lemon pepper rather than the usual S&P! Will definitely be making this again! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 225 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 small red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 120 ml balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Start off by skinning the tomatoes - put the tomatoes in a bowl and pour boiling water over them and leave for 1 minute and then drain them and slip off the skins.
- In a food processor, add the onion, tomatoes, chilli and garlic and blend until finely chopped.
- Place the mixture in a saucepan over low heat and add the sugar and vinegar.
- Simmer very gently, without the lid on, for 2 hours, by then the mixture will have reduced to a thick sauce.
- Stir frequently towards the end of cooking time so the sauce doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Taste to check the seasoning - serve hot or cold.