1/5 Photos of Red Lentil, Zucchini & Couscous Soup
1 hr 20 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Don't let the name turn you off! This soup has a nice thick consistency that is nice and flavorful. A perfect blend of vegetables, legumes and grains. I personally do not like the texture of couscous when eaten like rice or pasta yet I LOVE this soup! Leftovers freeze well. Recipe from "Meal Lean i Yum!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups vegetable broth or 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1Grate carrots and zucchini, set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a 5 quart soup pot; add onions and celery; saute on medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden.
- 3If vegetables begin to stick, add a tbsp or two of water.
- 4Add all ingredients except couscous to the pot, increase to high heat to bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add couscous and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- 7If soup is too thick, thin it with a little bit of water.
- 8Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 9Yield 8 servings - per serving: 134cal, 1g fat, 8g protein, 24g carb, 3mg iron, 8g fibre.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lentil, Zucchini & Couscous Soup
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: