Recipe by Andre The Giant
This is my version and everyone loves it.You can thicken it up by adding less water and can have it as a side dish(Indians call Dhal) with an Indian Meal.You can get Red Lentils at any supermarket.The Red Lentils need to be washed (till water appears clear)before hand.Stock cubes can be chicken,beef or vegetable (check to see if gluten free)
- 700 g red lentils
- 4 onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 800 g crushed tomatoes (2 cans)
- 6 stock cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt (more or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes.
- add washed red lentils and keep stirring and turning till the red lentils turn yellow.
- add tomatoes,stock cubes,salt and one litre hot water(more or less)depending on how thick or thin you want it.
- cook on low to medium till red lentils break up into a soup(approximate one hour).