This soup is comforting and warming and the fresh herbs add a nice lift to the flavor.
Make and share this Red Lentil, Chickpea (Garbanzo) & Chili Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large saucepan and dry fry the cumin seeds and chili flakes for 1 min or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas.
- Add the oil and onion, and cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in the lentils, stock and tomatoes, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have softened.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until it is a rough puree, pour back into the pan and add the chickpeas.
- Heat gently, season well and stir in the cilantro.
- Finish with a spoonful of the greek yogurt.