1/1 Photo of Red Lentil, Chickpea (Garbanzo) & Chili Soup
This soup is comforting and warming and the fresh herbs add a nice lift to the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large saucepan and dry fry the cumin seeds and chili flakes for 1 min or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas.
- 2Add the oil and onion, and cook for 5 minutes
- 3Stir in the lentils, stock and tomatoes, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have softened.
- 4Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until it is a rough puree, pour back into the pan and add the chickpeas.
- 5Heat gently, season well and stir in the cilantro.
- 6Finish with a spoonful of the greek yogurt.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lentil, Chickpea (Garbanzo) & Chili Soup
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 160.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: