Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I stole this from a friend who is doing weight watchers. I didn't find much veggie inspiration in her books but this looked great. She told me I have to add this sentence in "3 weight watchers POINTS values per serving" whatever that means...
- low-fat cooking spray, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 175 g dried red lentils
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml low-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Spray pan with oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in curry powder and cook for a further minute.
- Add aubergine, lentils and stock to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 30 mins - stir frequently.
- If the lentils are not tender and mushy, boil the curry vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, coconut milk and coriander.
- Stir and serve.
Spicy, good taste in spite of the changes I made. Did not have an aubergine and the shops were closed........Looked in my freezer and came up with 2 cups of mushrooms and 2 cups of mixed green vegetables (spinach, green beans, broccoli and peas) Also tossed in half a minced carrot. Since this would probably get too dry I upped the coconut milk to 200ml. Did I make a completely different recipe? Hope not as this was very good indeed and will certainly be made again (and then with the aubergine!) My meal was probably not the WW points but that was not the reason I made it. Btw, I weighed the lentils in a cup measure and found that 175g lentils equals one cup. Thanks for posting.
This is great - but how could I not like it . . . I love lentils and aubergines and curry!!! Fantastic that it is so healthy, simple and quick, too.
This was good. I added spinach in at the end which also tasted nice.