Quick & Easy Creamy Aubergine Curry
- Ready In:
- 750 g aubergines (about 3 medium sized aubergines, cut in 0,5 - 1cm rounds)
- 1 -2 onion, medium sized, finely chopped (red, white or brown)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (or fresh Ginger, grated, about pinkie finger size)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot curry paste (adjust according to your "heat-tolerance", I usually add more)
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola works best)
- salt, Pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted nuts (such as pine, almond or cashew, chopped or whole)
- Heat oven at 250°C.
- Cut aubergines and/or courgettes into rounds.
- Mix 2 TB of oil, salt and 2 garlic cloves in a small bowl.
- Place aubergine/zucchini slices on baking sheet, sprinkle or brush with oil-garlic mixture, turn over and repeat sprinkling (you can adjust the amount of oil according to your preferences, the more oil, the better e.g. crispier the aubergines :)).
- Place in oven (about 15 minute or until browned, courgettes usually take longer).
While the aubergines are in the oven:
- Mix all spices in a bowl.
- Toast nuts in a non stick pan until medium brown and fragrant. Put on a plate, bowl, -- to cool.
- Heat oil in the non stick pan, add onion(s) and let fry until translucent.
- Add spice mixture and, if using, the grated ginger. Let fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Add Hot Curry Paste, dissolve.
- "Recover" aubergine slices from oven and transfer to pan. Stir carefully as not to break up the slices.
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!