Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe that is on my diet plan for people who have High Cholesterol. If you can find it at the store, try to make sure the Lemon Pepper has no salt added.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, soft
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard the stems, ribs and seeds.
- Cut each half into six pieces.
- Arrange the pieces with the skin side down on a decorative serving platter.
- Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, dry-roast the almonds over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon of the almonds to a small plate and reserve for garnishing.
- Process the remaining almonds in a food processor or blender for 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely ground.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon pepper seasoning blend, and lemon juice with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add the ground almonds and beat for 10 seconds, or until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a wide star or round tip.
- Or snip the corner off a resealable plastic bag (a plastic freezer bag works well) and spoon in the mixture.
- Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto each bell pepper piece.
- Garnish with the sliced almonds.