Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom's recipe. Sauce can be used for grilling chicken or ribs, or as BBQ sauce in any recipe.
Make and share this Red Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken on a foil covered cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, molasses, seasoning and garlic and heat on low until sauce starts to simmer.
- Check chicken after about ten minutes, and turn.
- When chicken is almost cooked, brush on a coat of red sauce and return to the oven.
- Turn chicken after 5-10 minutes, and brush on more sauce.
- Keep checking, turning, and adding sauce until chicken has a nice, almost crispy, coating of sauce.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot cooked egg noodles and peas.