Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom's recipe. Sauce can be used for grilling chicken or ribs, or as BBQ sauce in any recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken wings or 2 lbs chicken legs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- salt and pepper
- 1 -3 clove garlic, grated or chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken on a foil covered cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, molasses, seasoning and garlic and heat on low until sauce starts to simmer.
- Check chicken after about ten minutes, and turn.
- When chicken is almost cooked, brush on a coat of red sauce and return to the oven.
- Turn chicken after 5-10 minutes, and brush on more sauce.
- Keep checking, turning, and adding sauce until chicken has a nice, almost crispy, coating of sauce.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot cooked egg noodles and peas.