Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and healthy bean and tomato dip ... definitely worth making yourself as it tastes so much better than jar dips. You do NOT make this with any oil, use water or apple juice to soften the onion and garlic. Great with corn chips and gaucamole. I also enjoy this with soft boiled egg in the morning for breakfast.
- Soften the diced onion and minced garlic in some water or apple juice in a medium pot on medium heat.
- Add 400gm diced tomato and simmer.
- Drain 200gm can of red kidney beans and wash thoroughly, then add to the tomato mixture.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- If you want to spice this dish up, add some fresh chili and chopped capsicum.