Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
A light delicious pizza with fresh tomatoes, a perfect starter or lunch on a hot day. From Presidents Choice. Recipe actually calls for a premade boboli or flatbread but zaar wouldn't take it
- 1 (300 g) pizza dough (flatbread or other)
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 cup shredded stretched mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, about 1-1/2 oz (45 g)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
- Brush both sides of flatbread with oil. Place flatbread on grill; cook 3 minutes or until flatbread is grill-marked.
- Remove flatbread from grill. Turn grilled side up. Sprinkle with mozzarella and tomato. Place on grill. Close lid and cook for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary.
I made 2 using an indoor grill pan and used traditional naan bread and the MIL and I thoroughly enjoyed our pizzas for lunch though she did say she thought a little sprinkle of chilli would be good to add some zing or I thought maybe brush the flatbread with some chilli oil but as was it was very enjoyable, thank you MarraMamba, made for Everyday a Holiday.
I found my new favorite pizza. I used Boboli crust & used pizza sauce in place of tomatoes because I don't like them cooked. Made for 123 HITS
I love grilled pizza and this is a good one! I enjoy the fresh taste of a pizza with tomatoes instead of sauce. I added the rosemary before cooking, otherwise made as directed. Thanks for posting this recipe!