Prep 6 mins
Cook 30 mins
I actually got this recipe from a hot sauce bottle, but I did my own little tweaking to it.
- 5 chicken wings, cut in half with tips removed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- white salt
- black pepper
- 6 cups cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup louisiana hot sauce
- Season wing dings with seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into bowl and add white salt and black pepper (to taste). Whip with fork and set aside.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, and seasoning salt (to taste) in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour oil into a large pot and heat.
- Take wing dings and coat in flour mix then dip in egg mix and dip again in flour, and place in hot oil. Do this with all wing dings. This will make it a little crunchy.
- Once chicken is done frying, (It should look a little dark brown, but not burnt and a fork should go through easily) set on plate with paper towels to drain.
- In a medium sauce pan combine melted butter and hot sauce until warm.
- Place chicken in a large casserole dish and pour hot sauce over chicken and stir to coat chicken evenly.
- And enjoy! Make fries or potato salad with it.