Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vegetarian Fajitas, with a tropical kick! Now, this recipe is made in honor of my parents, primarily because there are NO onions, garlic, eggs, cinnamon, or spice. They have allergies... But let me tell you something. You won't even miss the onions, garlic, or meat in this dish! (I know, I was surprised too!)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped in thin strips)
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped in thin strips)
- 2⁄3 cup frozen spinach
- 20 olives (sliced)
- 0.75 (20 ounce) can pineapple (chopped in small pieces)
- pickled banana pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil (olive or canola)
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄3 head lettuce (chopped thinly)
- 1 large tomatoes (chopped thinly)
- 0.25 (20 ounce) can pineapple (chopped in small pieces)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Chop up bell peppers, olives, pineapple.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add whole cumin.
- Toss in chopped vegetables (except olives) and saute them (do not let them get mushy) at medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add ground cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and lemon.
- Add in olives, spinach, and banana peppers.
- Let saute at low heat so flavors soak into the vegetables.
- Remove from heat when vegetables are cooked, but not mushy.
- Heat tortillas in microwave and place the cooked vegetables in the middle, top with cheddar cheese (if desired), and lastly with the cold (lettuce, tomato, pineapple) salad, and salsa.
- Wrap up and eat that deliciousness!