Recipe by UmmBinat
Derived from the Spanish spelling of the Quechua name, kinwa or occasionally "Qin-wah", Quinoa originated in the Andean region of South America, where it was successfully domesticated 3000 to 4000 years ago for human consumption. Raw diet here I come!!!! Found on http://rawgirl2.blogspot.com.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
This was the first recipe I made with my new sprouter and it was great! I thought the taste was excellent, but a little too quinoa-y for me. However if you mix this with a base of lettuce, it's perfect!
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa (Make your own)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped organic grape tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 inches peeled and chopped English cucumbers
- 1⁄3 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- sea salt (optional, but I don't think the salad is raw anymore)