Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I learned how to make this while working at a haunted house. I've made it every year since. There are no specific measurements to this recipe so all measurements are loose guidelines. You also have two different colors off blood. The first color is when blood touches oxygen, which is the color you see when you cut yourself. You can get this color with only 1-2 drops of blue food coloring. The second color is when blood has not touched air. You normally see this color when blood is drawn into a test tube. you can get this color by adding 2-5 drops of blue food coloring. You can add chunky peanut butter to it, it gives it a nice gory texture, it also makes it taste pretty good. Don't let the colors mentioned here curb your imagination. You could make alien, robot, plant, or zombie blood as well just by using different combinations of colors. Take note that the food coloringin the blood will stain fabric, also when the blood dries it is very sticky so take note of your hands when touching near areas where it has been applied.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 -6 drops red food coloring
- 1 -5 drop blue food coloring
- 1 -2 spoonfulls chunky peanut butter (optional)
- Measure out corn syrup.
- Add the red food coloring to corn syrup and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add the blue food coloring one drop at a time, stiring in-between each drop until you get the color desired.
- (optional) Stir in chunky peanut butter by the spoon full until desired consistancy.