Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Got this from the internet, not sure of the site. I have made a few changes to the original. I served this a few parties and got rave reviews. The cooking time includes the time it need to sit. No clue how many servings this is but I took a guess that there are may be 20 Tbsp +/- in the the bowl and figured a serving to be a tablespoon.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking, stirring often, until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl. Stir in ALL the onions and Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Serve chilled, or room temp with your favorite chips, veggies, or even as a baked potato topper.
- Garnish with extra green onion or chives if you feel the need to make it pretty.