Recipe by Chocolatl
Made with Kool-Aid. Another improvisation for my son. The secret is to beat the ingredients very well before adding the flour, and very little when the flour is added.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
YUM! These are VERY KOOL! I followed Annacia's lead and used 1 c Splenda and strawberry Kool Aid and frosted with butter cream icing tinted with another pack of strawberry. Pretty dark pink treats that the girls adored! Thanks for posting Chocolatl. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.
- 3⁄4 cup regular margarine, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packageunsweetened Kool-Aid, any flavor
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine well.
- Add 1 1/2 cup sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Do not underbeat.
- Combine Kool-Aid and remaining sugar.
- Beat into margarine mixture.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Beat in baking powder.
- Mix in flour and milk alternately until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Fill greased and floured baking tins about 2/3 full. Do not overfill.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool on racks and frost as desired.