Recipe by DurangoMom
This recipe was my Tias and has been used over and over by my family and our church cookbook. We traditionally make these at Christmas or for Weddings.
- 3 cups Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter flavor extract
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons anise extract
- 9 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons anise seeds
- 3⁄4-1 cup cold water
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream Crisco and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat on high speed until real creamy.
- Add all three extracts and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and anise seeds.
- Mix by hand.
- Add water, just enough to work dough so you can roll it.
- It should be a soft dough.
- Roll out and use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
- Top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 400 12-15 minutes until golden brown.