Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
These are a great alternate to the traditional chocolate cookie bars we usually see made at the holidays...try these they will knock your socks off!
Top Review by wealdrich
I started making this recipe a few months ago and although it is time consuming, it is well worth it. My husband suggested using semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the white chips and he devoured them. I like them both. They are a treasured recipe in our family now.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 minute, stir.
- Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips, let stand.
- Do not stir.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl until foamy.
- Add sugar and beat until lemon colored (5 minutes).
- Stir in morsel-butter mixture.
- Add flour, salt and almond extract.
- Mix at low speed until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into greased and sugared 9 inch spare baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
- Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Heat jam in small, microwavable bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Spread warm jam over warm crust.
- Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter.
- Drop by spoonfuls of batter over jam.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.