Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A very manly recipe that my father made up while he was away on an Air Force TDY. When he came home and made it for the family we absolutely LOVED IT! and we have been making it ever sense.
- 8 -10 small baking potatoes or 8 -10 small yukon gold potatoes, sliced into disks
- 1 large red onion, sliced into disks
- 8 large mushrooms, of your choice sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees F.
- In an oven bag place the potatoes, onion, and mushrooms, and mix.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter or margarine with the chives, salt and pepper.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour butter or margarine mixture over the potatoes, onion, and mushrooms.
- Shake the bag or stir with hand to completely coat the potatoes, onion, and mushrooms.
- Cook in oven or on grill for about 1-1/2 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.
These potatoes are wonderful...great company dish. I did break down and add a bit of garlic to the melting butter though. I will definitely add this to the keep file and make it often. Thanks for sharing this very tasty recipe. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov. 08