Raw Vegan Turtle Truffles
- CARAMEL: Loosely separate the dates and place them in a food processor fitted with an S blade. Add the pine nuts and vanilla extract and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a glass container and place in the freezer while making the fudge.
- FUDGE: Loosely separate the dates and place them in the same food processor (no need to clean out the work bowl). Add the cherries and almond butter and process until smooth. Add the carob powder and cinnamon and process again until evenly incorporated.
- Roll the caramel into balls, using 1 teaspoon of the mixture for each ball.
- Using your thumb, make a depression in the center of a ball of fudge large enough to fit a ball of caramel inside.
- Holding the two ball together (the ball of caramel inside the ball of fudge), carefully pull the fudge up around the caramel to create a coating, and press a pecan half on top. Repeat the process until all the truffles are formed. Refrigerate them for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve each truffle in a paper candy cup. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Will keep for 1 month.