Recipe by MissLinguist
Delicious pudding in minutes, with all natural ingredients! I just started looking into the Raw Food Movement, but I've been trying to avoid highly processed foods for a while now. Standard pudding is on of the worst offenders, where processed foods are concerned. Raw Foodists make pudding using bananas or avocados for base. I've tried both, but I prefer the banana "puddings."
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey or 1⁄2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 -2 tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1/2 of a small lemon)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil (optional) or 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients with a spoon.
- Alternatively, process all ingredients in a food processor until mixed.
- Note: Some people use pitted mejool dates instead of honey or another sweetener. I prefer a liquid sweetener, since the dates don't give a very smooth texture in the final product. If you want to use dates, one should be enough in this recipe.