Recipe by MissLinguist
I got a Fabe's Organic Chocolate Raw Life Bar, and it was delicious. I tried to recreate it with this recipe, based on the ingredient list.
Top Review by AllyReece
Excellent, I was surprised it tasted that good. Most raw foods I make are just okay to pretty good...but this is excellent! I made two batches, spread out in a pan, sprinkled chopped walnuts on top to look more like brownies. They still taste more like chewy fudge, than a brownie but that are great! I would make again in the future when wanting something chocolate. And would recommend this recipe for anyone looking for a raw food dessert or not wanting refined sugar, dairy or flour in their brownies.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, raw (or a mixture of walnuts and almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add dates and process again.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in order and process until they are mixed. The mixture should be dark brown and crumbly, but it should hold together when pressed. If it doesn't hold together well enough for you, add 1-2 more dates at the end.
- Press into a small pan or a bowl, or roll into balls.
- Refrigerate to harden, then cut into squares, if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.