Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on the Petite Kitchen Blog. Guilt free, dairy free, gluten free. What more could you ask for?
- 10 medjool dates, pitted or 1 cup dates, regular
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup seeds or 3⁄4 cup nuts, of your choice pumpkin or 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, almonds
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut, plus 1/2 cup for decorating
- 1⁄3 cup water
- If using regular dates, you must soak them for at least 6 hours, or overnight then drain well.
- Place the seeds and or nuts in to a food processer. Blend for a minute or so until a dense flour like consistency is achieved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse a couple of times until the ingredients begin to stick together, almost like a dough.
- Use your hands to form small balls. Roll the balls in the remaining desiccated coconut to finish.
- The truffles can be kept at room temperature, but I find they are best kept in the fridge.
- Makes around 30 truffles. They will keep for 3-4 days.
Yum! These were wonderful. The coco powder mixed with the dates, coconut and almonds made perfect after dinner treats on Thanksgiving for those guests who only wanted a little something sweet afterward. These would be good with extra dark chocolate coating too. Made for the Australia New Zealand Recipe Swap.