Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Parsi Breakfast made for Special Occasions. Made from Semolina / Cream of Wheat.
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons cream of wheat (Ravo or Semolina)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rose essence
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a pan, melt the butter and add the ravo in it and fry it on a slow fire a little while in the butter, add the milk gradually t it, stirring all the time, add the sugar and keep stirring it till it thickens. (After adding all the milk and sugar you can cook it on high, but keep turning it or it will become lumpy). Close the stove and add essence and elchi-jaifal or only take 2 elci and crush it into fine powder and add to ravo for flavoring.
- Just put milk, ravo and sugar all together with a little butter or ghee in a pan and keep stirring it on the flame till it thickens, then add the flavoring I wanted.
- Rose essence – You can get small bottles of essence. Rose essence is quite strong, so put just a little bit or you can put if you like vanilla essence instead. That also a little only if you cannot get rose essence. This is just for giving extra flavor. (Optional).
- Toast some sliced almonds and raisins and sprinkle on top for extra flavor. Serve with Boiled Eggs cut in half.