Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Ski House Cookbook
- 1 lb frozen ravioli (or fresh)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (plus extra leaves for garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil; add in ravioli and cook until al dente, 7-9 minutes for frozen, 3-4 minutes for fresh.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a big skillet over medium heat; cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts and chopped sage; cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large platter; pour the butter sauce over the pasta and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Toss to coat; serve immediately, topped with more pepper and whole sage leaves.
Oh this was stinking good!!! I used spinach cheese raviolis and it was awesome. And it's filling too!
Instead of ravioli I used fresh locally-made fettuccine. Tri-colored sage (green, gold, pink!) from our herb garden for standard sage. Cooking the butter on medium-high will burn the butter. I cooked it on medium heat and it had that wonderful nutty aroma and taste. Thanks for posting an easy but very elegant pasta recipe.