Recipe by cherij22
I got this recipe also from the WW message boards. I added the couscous so it would keep me full longer. This is a Core recipe if you are following the Core Plan.
Top Review by MelissaO'
We loved this! I used one and a half small eggplants and 2 cups of the frozen 3 pepper and onion blend instead of the fresh (what can I say, I'm busy!) I used the additional onion. I also goofed and only bought one squash and one zucchini. I used Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes - it was GREAT! I added 1/2 C (dry) couscous - that I cooked w/o oil or butter/salt, etc. to the mix. My husband said it was too much couscous, but I liked it! Anyway, it feed 5 and we are BIG eaters! Thanks!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 2 yellow squash, cut in to 1/4 in. slices
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- .In a 4 quart non stick pot heat oil over med. heat. Add onions & cook, stirring occasionally until softened. Add garlic, cook additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, stir until coated with oil. Add peppers, stir to combine.
- Cover & cook for 10 minute stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs, mix well. Cover & cook over low heat about 15 minute or until eggplant is tender but not too soft.