Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens--a wonderful holiday treat!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons red and green decorator sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup shortening. Add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in flour. Knead dough together until well blended and shape into a ball. Set aside.
- Combine preserves, apricots, and orange peel.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half between pieces of wax paper to a 6x12 inch rectangle. Remove top wax paper.
- Spread preserve mixture lengthwise on half of each rectangle of dough, to within 1/2 of edges. Fold dough over filling and seal edges. Use the wax paper to invert onto a greased cookie sheet and use fork tines to reseal edges.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet on a wire rack.
- When cool, cut each square of dough into 3/4 inch wide sticks. Put sticks on the cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening for 2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice. Dip cookies in this mixture, then in decorating sugar. Cool on waxed paper.
Had fun making these mouth-stuffers & they've been a big hit in my cookie/candy sale ~ The half that I put out yesterday were gone in no time! For myself, I appreciated the combo of raspberry, apricot & orange zest (the latter was a very generous rounded measure)! Then, the colored sugar was more Halloween oriented, & that worked out just fine! Thanks for a SWEET KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]