Recipe by bert
I found this recipe in the Company's Coming cookbooks series and I have made it many times. If you like raspberry jam, you will love these.
Top Review by zoya_99_2000
I was looking for a recipe using frozen raspberries. So I think that was my problem. They were too 'heavy' for the recipe I think. I had to spoon out the dish. ....But it did taste really good and everyone liked it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Bottom Layer: Combine first 3 ingredients in bowl.
- Mix together well until crumbly.
- Press in a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Filling: Spread jam over bottom layer.
- Top Layer: Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, coconut, vanilla and baking powder.
- Stir to combine well.
- Spread over jam layer.
- Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into 36 squares.