Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Company's Coming cookbooks series and I have made it many times. If you like raspberry jam, you will love these.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Bottom Layer: Combine first 3 ingredients in bowl.
- Mix together well until crumbly.
- Press in a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Filling: Spread jam over bottom layer.
- Top Layer: Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, coconut, vanilla and baking powder.
- Stir to combine well.
- Spread over jam layer.
- Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into 36 squares.
I was looking for a recipe using frozen raspberries. So I think that was my problem. They were too 'heavy' for the recipe I think. I had to spoon out the dish. ....But it did taste really good and everyone liked it.
Yes, these squares are delicious. I have made them several times and my family loves them. I bought some raspberry jam and no one was eating so this was a great way to use up the jam. They freeze really well if you want to keep them lasting longer.
This recipe is so tasty. My mother and grandmother used to make these when I was a child so it is tried and true. I had not made them for years but this recipe is exactly as I remember. Yummy!!!!