Raspberry Red Velvet Poke Cake
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.grease and flour 2 9 inch pan , 3 8 inch pans or a sheet pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.Add eggs and vanilla,.
- beating well.Stir together buttermilk and food coloring.
- mix flour,cocoa and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately to butter mixture with buttermilk mixture,mixing well between additions.in a seperate bowl,mix together baking soda and vinegar.Add to batter. Pour into prepared pan(s).Bake 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan,on wire rack.
- make a glaze from the jelly.
- if layering,poke holes in the cake,and pour 1/3 the raspberries and glaze over the bottom layer,repeat on the top,with the remainder.