Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a valentine's day variation
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 1 (16 ounce) jar raspberry jelly
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.grease and flour 2 9 inch pan , 3 8 inch pans or a sheet pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.Add eggs and vanilla,.
- beating well.Stir together buttermilk and food coloring.
- mix flour,cocoa and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately to butter mixture with buttermilk mixture,mixing well between additions.in a seperate bowl,mix together baking soda and vinegar.Add to batter. Pour into prepared pan(s).Bake 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan,on wire rack.
- make a glaze from the jelly.
- if layering,poke holes in the cake,and pour 1/3 the raspberries and glaze over the bottom layer,repeat on the top,with the remainder.
I would love to try this, but I don't see what kind of rasperries (preserves, fresh, etc.) or the total amount to have in the ingredients. Thanks much!