Recipe by MSZANZ
These are wonderful!! They are from the Great American Cookie Cookbook.
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
I have to admit I was a little confused with the addition of the pecans when reading the directions. Step 2 states to add the first 5 ingredients together, which includes the pecans. Then step 8 says to dip the top of the cookies in the pecans. Then step 12 said to sprinkle pecans on top. I decided to add the chopped pecans in with the flour and proceed from there. The cookies were crisp and really good with the raspberry jam. My daughter and I had fun making them. She really loved putting the jam on top. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla until blended.
- Beat in flour mixture until just blended.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls.
- (At this point, I dip the top of the cookies into the chopped pecans because it is hard to get them to stick when you just sprinkle them on.).
- Flatten slightly and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press down with thumb in center of each ball to form a indentation.
- Pinch together any cracks in dough.
- Fill each indentation with generous 1/4 tsp of jam. Sprinkle filled cookies with remaining 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Bake 14 minutes or until just set.
- Let cookies stand on sheets for 5 minutes and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cookies are best the day after baking.