Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
originally from Family Circle magazine
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Oven rack in center.
- Oven 325°F.
- Butter an 11 x 7 baking pan.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in sugars and continue to beat until light and fluffy, 1-2 minute.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- With a spoon, stir in dry ingredients.
- Reserve 3 Tbsp pecans; stir the remaining pecans into the dough.
- Stir together jam and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Press half of the dough, about 1 1/2 cups, evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread with jam mixture. Crumble remaining dough evenly over top (dough is sticky so this is a bit of work, but persist). Sprinkle top with reserved 3 Tbsp pecans.
- Bake 325° for 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut lengthwise down center and then crosswise into 10 equal widths to make 20 bars.