Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Different, elegant, and absolutely delicious
- 1 lb mixed salad green
- 1⁄4 lb of fresh mint, de-stemmed
- 4 lamb racks, each with eight chops
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola or 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb raspberries
- 1⁄4 lb slivered almonds
Raspberry Mint Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (freshly squeezed, if possible)
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam, seedless
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- ----To Prepare Dressing----.
- Combine all ingredients in an electric blender; process until smooth.
- Cover and chill before serving.
- Toast almonds on a sheet pan in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown- set aside.
- Wash lettuce and mint and dry them thoroughly.
- Gently rinse raspberries if necessary.
- Grill lamb either on a conventional grill or stovetop grill pan until desired degree of doneness is reached (usually 10 to 20 minutes), and cut four chops per serving.
- Toss lettuce and mint and arrange on a plate.
- Form a mound of crumbled Gorgonzola or bleu cheese in the center of each plate, and top with raspberries.
- Arrange lamb chops at top of plate.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve dressing on the side.