Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted by request :) Recipe from the Betty Crocker Cake Mix Recipes Book Spring/2007
- 236.59 ml very hot water
- 85.04 g box raspberry gelatin powder
- 510.29 g box white cake mix
- 118.29 ml thawed lemonade concentrate
- 59.14 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 340.19 g containerwhipped vanilla frosting
- 236.59 ml whipped topping
- 354.88 ml fresh raspberries (garnish)
- lemon peel, strips (garnish)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray bottom of a 13X9 inch pan with baking spray w/flour.
- In a small bowl, mix hot water and gelatin until completely disolved; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture, 1/4 cup of the lemonade concentrate, water, oil, and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on med speed 2 mintes.
- Pour into pan, reserve remaining gelatin mixture and lemonade concentrate.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Poke warm cake every inch with fork tnes. Remove 1 tbls of the reserved gelatin mixture to microwavable custard cup or small bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix remaining gelatin mixture and remaining 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate; pour slowly over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, fold together frosting and whipped topping; frost cake.
- Microwave 1 tbls gelatin mixture uncovered on high 10 seconds to liquefy.
- Using 1/4 tsp measuring spoon, place small drops of gelatin mixture over frosting; with spoon or toothpick, swirl gelatin into frosting.
- Garnish each piece with raspberries and lemon peel strips.
- Store in refrigerator.