1 hr 10 mins
A layer of raspberry jam separates two layers of delicate lemon bread--this is great slathered with butter or cream cheese, or a simple glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325*F.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- 3In a larger bowl, cream together the butter and sugar; blend well.
- 4Blend in the eggs.
- 5In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture alternately with the milk.
- 6Blend well; stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- 7Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan; carefully spread the jam over the top.
- 8Pour the remaining batter over the jam, being careful not to disturb it.
- 9Bake at 325*F.
- 10for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack; intvert and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry-Lemon Layer Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 359.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g