Recipe by senseicheryl
Prize-winning State Fair Contest Recipe. This is a recipe from the Softasilk Cake Flour Box.
- 3 cups cake flour, i. e. Softasilk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (you can use margarine)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture, milk, vanilla and eggs until blended. Beat 2 minutes longer. Pour into pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick instered in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 cup of the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Top with another layer, cut side down. Spread with 1/3 cup Raspberry Cream Frosting (recipe follows). Repeat with the remaining layers. Frost side and top of cake and garnish with raspberries if desired.
- RASPBERRY CREAM FROSTING:.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened.
- 3 cups powdered sugar.
- 1/2 cup raspberry syrup.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in the syrup and vanilla until smooth and spreadable.