Recipe by katew
Egg free !!
Top Review by **Jubes**
Easy to make and my wheat eating family all enjoyed them- 5 stars from my husband and daughters. Crunchy on the outside and cakey on the inside....a kind of cross muffin-cake-tart all in one. Reviewed for the Aus/NZ Forum April 2012 Recipe Swap. Photo also to be posted
- 125 g butter
- 118.29 ml caster sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml milk
- 118.29 ml raspberry jam, use more if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Lightly grease 24 hole mini muffin tin.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla till creamy.
- Stir in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Add milk to form a soft dough.
- Roll mixture into 24 tablespoonful sized balls.
- Press one into each muffin hole.
- Use your index finger to make a deep indent in the centre of each to form a pastry case.
- Fill holes with 1/2 - 1 tsp of jam.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes till golden.
- Stand 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.