Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe I found in US magazine, and want to try. By Padma Lakshmi, author of Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet. Seems easy, and I'm going to try it with a sparkling juice.
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 8 strawberries, whole, beautiful for garnish
- 6 tablespoons raspberry sorbet
- 15 mint leaves, torn apart
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle Brut champagne or 1 (24 ounce) bottle prosecco
- Slice the whole strawberries vertically, just halfway up to the crown. Set aside to use as garnish.
- Just before serving, place a tablespoon of sorbet in the bottom of a champagne flute. Place the mint leaves and some chopped strawberries in the glass and pour in the champagne, being careful not to full it so much that it froths over.
- Garnish each glass (makes 4-6 with a sliced strawberry and serve immediately.
- *I had to enter a size for the bottle of champagne, but I'm not sure how much is in a bottle. Just use a standard size bottle of champagne.