Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really special way to dress up a chicken breast.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jelly or 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook and brown on both sides until done.
- Remove from pan.
- To skillet drippings add shallots, cook 2 minutes.
- Mix broth and cornstarch.
- Add broth, jelly and vinegar to skillet.
- Heat to boiling; cook until thickened.
- Return chicken; heat through.
Well Inez, I could have sworn I had some raspberry jam in the frige; I guess someone ate it!! No matter I used some apricot jam instead and this chicken was delicious!!! Love shallots and the balsamic vinegar kind of gave a sweet and sour flavour. We will be making this again, next time I'll be sure I have raspberry jam around. Thanks for sharing.
What else can I say except WONDERFUL!!! We loved this one. Thanks so much for the great recipe!
I have tried this recipe with jam and fresh raspberries and I recommend the later. I add 1 tsp of sugar and seperate the seeds with a sieve(sp?). Very tasty.