- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 3 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffing pan.
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the instant coffee; stir in the milk; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the hazelnuts, flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat the eggs and buttermilk with an electric mixer until combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooled coffee; add the flour mixture, stirring until nearly combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until test done; remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.