Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sweet is a great holiday treat for the end of any meal. A chocolate cake filled with raspberry filling is decadent enough to impress, but easy enough for a baker at any level. Also, you don't have to make the cake chocolate if you have someone who has allergies or you just want something a bit different, it's still gorgeous and delicious either way.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry brandy or 1⁄3 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, and raspberry brandy on medium speed for 3 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among three 8" prepared round cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, whip together the cream cheese, marshmallow cream; fold in the whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble cake: spread 1/4 cup of the preserves onto the first layer leaving a 1/2" border around the cake's edge. Top the preserves with 3/4 cup cream mixture. Repeat. After placing on the third layer, frost with the remaining cream and press coconut all over the cake.