Redneck Epicurean's Note:
This sweet is a great holiday treat for the end of any meal. A chocolate cake filled with raspberry filling is decadent enough to impress, but easy enough for a baker at any level. Also, you don't have to make the cake chocolate if you have someone who has allergies or you just want something a bit different, it's still gorgeous and delicious either way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup raspberry brandy or 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, and raspberry brandy on medium speed for 3 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 3Divide the batter among three 8" prepared round cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4Meanwhile, whip together the cream cheese, marshmallow cream; fold in the whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
- 5To assemble cake: spread 1/4 cup of the preserves onto the first layer leaving a 1/2" border around the cake's edge. Top the preserves with 3/4 cup cream mixture. Repeat. After placing on the third layer, frost with the remaining cream and press coconut all over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry and Coconut Snowflake Cake
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 393.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: