Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rappin' with a Chick is a chicken sandwich wrap that is a perfect dish to serve large groups of people. It can be prepared well in advance and served for either lunch or dinner. From HGTV.
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries or 1⁄3 cup craisins
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 cups arugula or 2 cups other lettuce
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas (or try spinach or any other flavor of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet. Bake them until they are crispy, golden brown and all the oils are released-about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken, salt and pepper, and saute for three to five minutes, stirring until brown on all sides. Let cool.
- Mix together the blue cheese, dressing, cherries(or craisins) and celery. Now add the chicken, which should have cooled to room temperature. The filling can be refrigerated and finished later, just before serving.
- Toss the arugula and walnuts into the chicken mixture until well incorporated. Divide among the tortillas and wrap.
- Heating the tortillas a bit before placing the wrap mixture inside makes them more pliable and less likely to crack.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Delicious and so easy! Perfect for summer! I used craisins and the lettuce choices but next time I want to try it with the dried cherries. Thanks for sharing!