This delicious Southern Grilled Cheese sandwich is the ultimate comfort food; creamy, cheesy and full of wonderful flavors. It's also quick and easy to make.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Spread 1/2 cup of cheese mixture on 1 side of 4 slices of the Pumpernickel.
- Top each with 2-3 slices of tomato.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of each sandwich in a small amount of butter.
I'm a sucker for grilled cheese. In fact, I adopted one of my Spring '08 PAC babies BECAUSE she had 2 recipes for grilled cheese! :) Randy, your recipe is great! I loved the mayo and hot sauce addition and it made for a yummy, gooey sandwich. Thanks for sharing! **Made for Spring PAC '09**
This is the second review I'm submitting for this recipe. The first one is not showing up like the last 3 I've submitted recently. I made this for the My-3-chefs tag. This makes very simple and delicious sandwich compared to the traditional grilled cheese. I like the addition of pimento, mayo, hot sauce and tomato slices. I also added some baby spinach and arugula to the sandwich because I was feeling a little guilty eating this alone. Had these sandwiches for lunch with Mendocino Brewing Co's Boonville Oatmeal Stout. Wonderful! Thanks for posting.