Homemade Pimiento Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drain juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic (mashed garlic in a jar)
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Serve on crackers or use for sandwiches.
Join The Conversation
I have never liked pimiento cheese spreads from the store, but I just knew it would be good if homemade. I cut this recipe in half because I wanted to be sure my family would like it also. We enjoyed it a lot. It was good spread for a sandwich, or on bagel crisp chips. I did use garlic powder in place of the mashed garlic. The only thing I will do differently next time is add a smidge more (equal parts) of the mayo and sour cream-just a little. The spread didn't "stick together" as well the 2nd and 3rd days as it did the 1st day. However, overall we were very pleased. Thanks for sharing!