Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious and full of vegetables goulash is one of those things its hard to go wrong with. This is always a winner with adults and children alike. I find even the kids will ask for seconds. Its a warm and hearty meal which I can usually make with items on hand. I recently have started adding whole wheat noodles to the mix in order to make it healthier. I also used buffalo meat this last time as its lower in fat than regular ground beef. Could not even tell the switch had been made. Hope you enjoy.
- 12 ounces whole wheat rigatoni
- 2 green zucchini, small dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 lb lean ground buffalo
- Cook pasta in boiling water till almost completely done.
- Drain pasta and set to the side.
- I then use the pan I cooked the pasta in to cook the rest of the meal.
- No point in making more dishes to wash if you don't have to.
- Cook ground meat till almost completely done.
- Add in the onion, peppers and zucchini and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream of mushroom soup, tomato paste, and canned tomatoes.
- Add noodles back to pan and stir till completely incorporated into the dish.
- Add milk and Mrs. Dash and stir.
- Check to make sure juicy enough.
- Cover and put in 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven check if saucy enough to your liking let sit for 10 minutes and serve.