Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This appetizer/snack starts with a loaf of purchased bread and a couple other ingredients. Top it with cheddar, bake it and it's awesome for dinner parties or just plain snacking!
- 1 (1 lb) loaf Italian bread or 1 (1 lb) loaf French bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice loaf in half lengthwise and place both halves on a baking sheet.
- Slice loaves into 1 inch slices BUT DO NOT slice all the way through to the bottom crust, leaving the slices attached.
- Blend cream cheese with dressing mix and spread on top of loaves.
- Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake until brown and bubbly, about 10 to 15 minutes.