Recipe by personalchef
I am a hot and sour soup SNOB, for sure! I could eat it every day, but since I live 47 miles from the closest Chinese restaurant, and I'm on a budget as far as buying ingredients...I dreamed this up, and trust me, it is yummy. Not the real thing for sure, but it satisfies my cravings. I use Maruchan Ramen in either the oriental or shrimp flavor. You can use any brand rice vinegar, seasoned or unseasoned, and for the heat, I use only Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce. (or as we call it, rooster sauce, because of the picture of the rooster on the bottle.)
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄8 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄8 cup meat, cooked, sliced thinly. (optional)
- 1 green onion, light and dark green parts, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 2 cups of warm water in saucepan. Add Ramen Noodles and Mushrooms. Bring to boil.
- Add Rice Vinegar and Chili Sauce, cook till noodles are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Turn heat down to medium.
- Add the sliced meat if desired. You can use beef, pork, or uncooked small shrimp.
- Very slowly drizzle in the beaten egg so that it kinda forms a solid mass on top of the soup. Once the egg is kinda solid, stir the soup, incorporating the egg.
- Pour into bowl and sprinkle sliced onion on top.
- ******Note, Adjust the Vinegar and the Chili Sauce according to your taste.