Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rajas Con Queso (Peppers with Cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 poblano chiles, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 12 green onions, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers and poblanos; saute until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add green onions; saute until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and simmer until cheese melts.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Delicious! It's colorful and cheesy. I made this with the poblano peppers and red, yellow and orange bell peppers. This is great with soft tortillas and sour cream. This is a fantastic way to use the garden peppers. Thanx for posting this!